- Gameplay Trailer -
(Scroll down for more details)
IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO READ THE DEVICE REQUIREMENTS SECTION BELOW
Early preview discount! Take advantage of this limited time offer to get Bytemare before the price goes up. By purchasing the game now, you are taking an active role in its evolution, and helping to support an independent game developer. Note that this game is not complete and will be receiving periodic updates for some time to come.
----- Overview -----
The Mallos need your help! Someone, or something, has placed a diabolical curse on them. Creatures from their nightmares have begun to wreak havoc on their peaceful city. As well, there have been reports of unidentified hostile ships.
Will you stand and fight for them? Are you prepared to solve the riddle of their misfortune? Or, will you abuse your powers and enact your own brand of havoc?
Super speed and agility are yours in heroic fashion. Incredible strength, impossible jumping capabilities and a mediocre weapon. All, at your disposal. Use them wisely. (New weapons to come!)
----- Features -----
- Live animated rigid bodies. Zero pre-rendered animations.
- Self-aware A.I. that stands and walks on its own.
- A.I. has needs and wants. (Fears and more coming soon)
- Mallos go about their lives on their own. From walking home and sleeping, to going to work and generating resource points.
- First-person combat using active tilt measurements. (Pan the screen up and down as if it were a window into another world)
- Defend the city from nightmares.
- Run faster by looking at a downward angle while walking forwards.
- Perform a high-jump by looking at a downward angle and jumping.
- Jump farther by looking at an upward angle when jumping.
- Ability to grab Mallos and pull them around with you.
- Take heads of disabled Mallos to hospitals in order to repair them.
- Currently features 1 monster type, 1 monster head, and 1 drone unit. (More of all of these will be available in future updates.)
- Mallos will reproduce up to the maximum allowed, per user defined settings, but do not pass on genetic code (yet).
- Active day/night cycle.
- HUD icons show you where things are happening.
- Featuring the exhilirating music of Impeccable Micro, by _ensnare_
Planned Additions: (NOT AVAILABLE IN THE CURRENT RELEASE)
- Turrets, weapons and other self-defense items for the Mallo people.
- More weapons and modes of interaction for the player.
- The ability to save a game so you can continue playing it later.
- City planner with zone and building controls.
- Mallo customization options and genetic parenting.
- New types of monsters, monster heads and drones / minions.
- More activities for the Mallos to take part in.
- More building types and scenery.
- Mallos (the block people) sometimes get stuck on each other.
- Drones and monsters don't try to avoid buildings yet.
----- Device Requirements -----
iPhone® 4 - Slow performance. Recommend against attempting.
iPhone 4S - Untested, but may be acceptable.
iPhone 5 - Untested, should be acceptable.
iPhone 5c - Works very well.
iPhone 5S (and newer) - Excellent performance expected.
iPod touch® - Untested. 3rd generation or newer recommended.
iPad® 1st Gen. - Slow performance. Recommend against attempting.
iPad 2nd Gen. (and newer) - Untested, but should be acceptable.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
A device with at least a single core 2GHz processor or a dual core 1GHz processor are highly recommended. If your device came out before 2013, it's likely too slow for Bytemare. If you aren't sure if your device will be powerful enough, you may want to hold off and check back later.
Bytemare runs smoothly on the Google Nexus 5.